Think about shifting midway world wide to restart your actual property profession from scratch.
That’s precisely the place Louise Barton discovered herself in when she took the plunge and booked a ticket from Scotland to Sydney.
Armed with a working visa and the assumption Sydney was among the best actual property markets on the planet, Louise got down to forge a contemporary profession in a city the place she knew no-one and had nothing however a suitcase value of garments.
She would both make it or come house, tail between her legs…
5 years later and Louise has constructed a readily recognisable model as an agent with Richardson & Wrench North Sydney.
Nevertheless it wasn’t at all times straightforward or with out its hurdles. There have been temp jobs alongside the best way and the temptation to shift careers completely.
Nonetheless, persistence has effectively and actually paid off for an agent who had an unshakeable perception in her skillset and an unwavering religion she may make it in some of the aggressive actual property markets on the planet.
On this Brave Dialog with Leanne Pilkington, Louise shares what drew her to Sydney, how and why she backed herself, and what modified the taking part in area to see her interviewing businesses, relatively than vice versa.
She affords an perception into the mindset that helped her attain success, together with how she’s used social media to construct a longtime model.
Alongside the best way, Louise talks about her method to customer support, the talents that translate no matter what market you’re working in, and the way she’s setting her group up for achievement in a Sydney market that’s rapidly turning.
“I’m up towards folks which were born and bred right here. They’ve finished it for a really very long time, however fortunately I at all times believed in my potential and failing wasn’t an choice. And I believe if you happen to’ve acquired that mindset, then you’ll make it. You’ve acquired to imagine in your self. After which everybody else round you’ll begin believing in you.”
Louise and Leanne additionally focus on:
- How Louise went from Scottish standalone agent to a stint in recruitment then discovered her ft in Sydney actual property gross sales.
- Why Louise felt Sydney was the place to be, and the way she overcame the problem of no native community and little market data to construct a profitable Australian actual property profession.
- What Louise did to search out an company that aligned along with her imaginative and prescient and the way she used that to construct her personal social media model.
- Why Louise by no means overpassed the actual fact she had the gross sales talent set required, and the way she shifted the ability steadiness to pick out the company she needed to work for.
- What impressed Louise to take a significant leap, and why she knew she was in want of a very new problem.
- Why tradition and imaginative and prescient emerged as probably the most vital company attributes Louise was on the lookout for and the way she prevented falling into ‘the shark’s pit’.
- How Louise re-started her gross sales profession on the peak of the pandemic, and why true actual property talent is all about shaking off property market hype.
- How Louise is constructing a Sydney group that will get again to promoting fundamentals, no matter what the property market is doing.
- Why actual property expertise are transferable to any market, wherever, and the way Louise is utilizing that data to construct her personal model.